Hi! My name is Megan and I am the Registered Dietitian, Global Health Advocate, and founder of The Well Essentials located here in beautiful Boston, Massachusetts.
I believe that our relationship with food is closely defined by our culture, and that health is a holistic state that encompasses our mind, body, and soul. I am on a mission to help individuals discover what it means to connect with their food culture, and social impact to support authentic healthy living. This is why I focus on an integrative, whole body message that looks at more than just what we put in our mouths, or how we move our bodies, but our entire lifestyle, culture, experiences, and impact on the environment.
What I do not believe in is fleeting trends that act to strip us of our food culture, in the hope of discovering health. What's ironic is that our healthiest selves are actually deeply routed in our culture, instincts, and beliefs, which is what makes us unique, and why one particular diet will never be the answer to healthy living.
I work to inspire others to use whole foods as a means of nourishing their bodies, not depriving them, and believe that by rethinking our relationship with food, and how we choose to consume, we can not only change how we view the world, but more importantly how we impact it.
health care credentials
MS - Master of Science in Food Policy and Applied Nutrition from the Tufts University Friedman School of Nutrition
MPH - Master of Public Health in Global Public Health from the Tufts University School of Medicine
RDN - Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, clinically trained at the Brigham and Women's Harvard Teaching Hospital
RYT - Registered Yoga Teacher with the National Yoga Alliance - 200 hour certification
- I recently got married to my husband Mike, on beautiful Cape Cod. We have been together for over eight years and he will forever be my best friend and world travel companion.
- Speaking of travel, it's pretty much my favorite thing to do. I have been to 25 countries, and that's just the beginning.
- My favorite color is white :) so you can imagine my wedding dress was my favorite outfit of all time.
- I feel claustrophobic when I can't access the ocean, and will forever feel at home by the sea.
- I have a number of dietary allergies and am both gluten and dairy free.
- I ran a marathon once, but have since traded in my long-distance running shoes for my yoga mat...maybe one day I'll run the Boston Marathon...maybe.
- I have two sisters and amazing parents. My family is super close and I talk to them every-single-day.
- Despite the blonde hair I am actually Sicilian (Italian), and am a dual citizen of both Italy and the United States.
- I love languages. I find them to be so beautiful and am always yearning to learn more.
- I have lived and worked in developing countries in central america, and the middle east, and am passionate about global health and our worlds food security.