Hello and Welcome lovely friends!
My name is Megan and I am the Integrative Registered Dietitian, Global Nutrition Consultant, and founder of The Well Essentials located here in beautiful Boston, Massachusetts.
I believe that we are meant to live in a world where health and happiness go together. Where food is meant to nourish our bodies and re-connect us with our culture. Where our choices are routed deeply in love and intention, and where one person is capable of positively impacting the world around them.
Most of all I believe that life was meant to be well lived, food was meant to nourish us, and be enjoyed. And that health is a not something to be chased, but instead is a holistic state that encompasses our mind, body, and soul.
I am confident that our passions are not random and in fact are our life purpose, so I am on a mission to help others discover what it means to re-connect with their food, their daily choices, and their bodies to create a meaningfully sustainable healthy life.
I work to inspire others to use whole foods as a means of nourishing their bodies, not depriving them, and believe that by rethinking our relationship with food, and how we choose to consume, we can not only change how we view the world, but more importantly how we impact it.
health care credentials
MS - Master of Science in Food Policy and Applied Nutrition
Tufts University Friedman School of Nutrition, Boston MA
MPH - Master of Public Health in Global Public Health
Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston MA
DPD - academy of nutrition and dietetics credentialed Didactic program in dietetics
Simmons College School of Nursing and Health Sciences, Boston MA
RDN - Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
Clinically Trained at the Brigham and Women's Harvard Teaching Hospital, Boston MA
Clinical Specialties Include: Pediatrics, Celiac Disease, Digestive Disorders, Oncology, Community Nutrition, OB GYN
RYT - Registered Yoga Teacher
National Yoga Alliance - 200 hour Certification, Nationally Recognized Program
- I recently got married to my husband Mike, on beautiful Cape Cod. We have been together for over eight years and he will forever be my best friend and world travel companion.
- Speaking of travel, it's pretty much my favorite thing to do. I have been to 25 countries, and that's just the beginning.
- My favorite color is white :) so you can imagine my wedding dress was my favorite outfit of all time.
- I feel claustrophobic when I can't access the ocean, and will forever feel at home by the sea.
- I have a number of dietary allergies and am both gluten and dairy free.
- I ran a marathon once, but have since traded in my long-distance running shoes for my yoga mat...maybe one day I'll run the Boston Marathon...maybe.
- I have two sisters and amazing parents. My family is super close and I talk to them every-single-day.
- Despite the blonde hair I am actually Sicilian (Italian), and am a dual citizen of both Italy and the United States.
- I love languages. I find them to be so beautiful and am always yearning to learn more.
- I have lived and worked in developing countries in central america, and the middle east, and am passionate about global health and our worlds food security.