Hello and Welcome friends!
My name is Megan and I am the Global Health Consultant, Integrative Dietitian, and founder of The Well Essentials and The Well Co. a global health consulting practice located here in beautiful Boston, Massachusetts.
With a background focused in sustainability, nutrition, and global health, I am passionate about helping individuals learn how to make compassionate choices that are good for our bodies and our global environment.
I believe that we are meant to live in a world where health and happiness go together. Where food is meant to nourish our bodies and re-connect us with our culture. Where our choices are routed deeply in intention and social responsibility, and where one person is capable of positively impacting the world around them.
You will always find me with a positive outlook on life, as I truly believe that in order to be a true change maker, one must also be an eternal optimist. I am on a mission to help others discover what it means to re-connect with their food, their daily choices, and their bodies to create a meaningfully sustainable healthy life, and in the process connect more with the world around them.
Lastly, I believe that by rethinking our relationship with food, and how we choose to consume, we can not only change how we view the world, but more importantly how we impact it.
health care and global health credentials
MS - Master of Science in Food Policy and Applied Nutrition
Tufts University Friedman School of Nutrition, Boston MA
MPH - Master of Public Health in Global Public Health
Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston MA
DPD - academy of nutrition and dietetics credentialed Didactic program in dietetics
Simmons College School of Nursing and Health Sciences, Boston MA
RDN - Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
Clinically Trained at the Brigham and Women's Harvard Teaching Hospital, Boston MA
Clinical Specialties Include: Pediatrics, Celiac Disease, Digestive Disorders, Oncology, Community Nutrition, OB GYN
RYT - Registered Yoga Teacher
National Yoga Alliance - 200 hour Certification, Nationally Recognized Program
- I never ever measure when I cook, and love the way cooking connects me with my family heritage.
- Traveling the world is much my favorite thing to do. My husband and I have been to 25 countries, and that's just the beginning.
- I collect ocean stones from almost every beach I find and feel an intense energy by the sea
- I believe that in order to make a real difference in the world one must be an eternal optimist and so you will usually find me with a smile.
- I have a number of dietary allergies, which I grew up with and am both gluten and dairy free.
- I ran a marathon once, but have since traded in my long-distance running shoes for my yoga mat...maybe one day I'll run the Boston Marathon...maybe.
- I have a very close, very loud family, and they are the foundation behind the person I am and the work I do.
- Despite the blonde hair I am actually Sicilian (Italian), and am a dual citizen of both Italy and the United States.
- I love languages. I find them to be so beautiful and am always yearning to learn more.
- I have lived and worked in developing countries in central america, and the middle east, and am passionate about global health and our worlds food security.