love the earth
Our environment and all of its amazing natural resources are our greatest gifts. They are responsible for the air we breathe, the water we drink, and the nutrients we receive from the ground our food grows in. I believe that it is our responsibility to protect these resources and respect them anyway we can. Here you will find some of my favorite resources to living an eco-friendly, tree-hugging, kind of life.
environmentally friendly cleaning
- The Honest Company: Products are made without harmful ingredients, and sustainability is part of the companies mission. A purchase to the Honest Company helps fund health and safety education and provides non-toxic products to schools and childcare centers.
- Mrs. Meyers Cleaners: The Meyers products receive excellent safety standards by the Environmental Working Group, and do not contain chlorine bleach, ammonia, petroleum distillates, parabens, phosphates, and phthalates. They also do not test on animals.
- GreenShield Organic: A branch of Greenology Products Inc., these products were created by a concerned Dad who wanted to protect families from harmful chemicals found in common cleaning products.
earth conscious organizations
- Environmental Working Group: EWG is an American environmental organization based in Washington DC that focuses on research and advocacy in the areas of toxic chemicals, agricultural subsidies, public lands, and corporate accountability.
- Environmental Defense: Linking science, economics, and law to crete innovative, and cost-effective solutions for the worlds most urgent environmental problems.
- Green Peace: People-powered movement fighting for green and peaceful solutions for our environment, forests, food, and overall climate.
- Oceana: An international organization focused on ocean conservation and advocacy organization. Oceana works to protect and restore the world's oceans through targeted policies.
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute: The Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute os a private, and nonprofit research organization focused on the study of all aspects of marine science, and education of marine researchers.
green clothing/ beauty companies
- Everlane: Focuses on ethical production process, and transparency.
- Indigenous: Makes and sells organic and fair trade clothing for both men and women. Supports artisans from around the world, and uses organic cotton/ low-impact dyes to ensure their clothing has a positive impact on the world.
- Ash and Rose: Focused on curated boutique ethical apparel and accessories. The shop is guided by three core values: sustainability, fair labor, and empowering women.
- People Tree: A fair trade fashion pioneer and online retailer that makes our clothes from environmentally-friendly materials including fair-trade certified.
- Patagonia: One of the earliest defenders of environmental ethics, and one of the first adopters of using recycled materials by switching to organic cotton. They also are committed to working with Fair Trade Certified factories around the world.
- The Little Market: Sustainably focused partnerships with artisans from around the world, by connecting customers with women artisans, aiding them to rise about poverty.
- Beauty Counter: Dedicated to creating effective and safe skin care products for women and families.
- Fibre Athletics: A Chicago Fair Trade and ethically sourced corporation with products crafted from 100% organic fabrics and recycled materials. Each sale supports environmental and poverty alleviation projects.