my nutrition and healthcare credentials
REGISTERED DIETITIAN NUTRITIONIST (RDN)
- In 2015, I was accepted into the clinical nutrition program at Boston's Brigham and Women's Harvard Teaching Hospital. There I worked in a variety of specialties and completed over 2000 supervised clinical hours where I was trained in a variety of clinical specialties.
- Oncology, Gastrointestinal, Medical Nutrition Therapy, IBS, Crohn's/UC, Fertility/PreNatal/PostNatal, Pediatrics, and Community Nutrition
registered yoga teacher (ryt)
- In 2012, I completed a 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Program, registered with the National Yoga Alliance and became a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT). I currently teach both public and private classes in Boston, and love integrating yoga into my nutrition practice for clients who are interested.
master of science, nutrition (MS)
- In 2013 I was accepted into the Masters of Science, International Food Policy and Applied Nutrition program at Tufts University, Friedman School of Nutrition. There I completed two years of rigorous internationally focused nutrition and food systems based coursework in addition to international food security fieldwork which brought me to work on nutrition based interventions in the Middle East, Africa, and Central America. I am passionate about global food security and sustainable food systems.
Master of public heath (mph)
- In 2013, I was also accepted into the Masters of Public Health program at the Tufts University School of Medicine, where I specialized in global health. Through my public health degree, I became well versed in health literacy programs, global health nutrition, female empowerment, maternal child health programs, water security initiatives, and systems approaches to looking at health disparities.
professional affiliations, awards, and certificates
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Licensed Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics for Massachusetts Licensed Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
- Dietitians in Integrative & Functional Medicine (DIFM) Dietetic Practice Group (DPG) Member
- Hunger and Environmental Nutrition (HEN) Dietetic Practice Group (DPG) Member
- Dietitians in Business and Communications (DBC) Dietetic Practice Group (DPG) Member
- Nutrition Entrepreneurs (NE) Dietetic Practice Group (DPG) Member
- American Public Health Association Member
- Massachusetts Public Health Association
Awards and Certificates
- Tufts University Feinstein International Center Fellow
- Tufts University Water Systems, Science, and Society Water and Food Security Research Fellow
- Tufts University School of Medicine Health Literacy Fellow
- National Yoga Alliance Certified Yoga Instructor