This salad is filled with nutrient dense dark leafy greens, and healthy fats. It also comes together in under 20 minutes and with minimal ingredients and prep-time it couldn't be easier.
My favorite recipes are the ones that are super simple, usually happen by accident, and taste out of this world amazing. So that is why I had to share last nights dinner (and my lunch) with you guys on the blog because that warm salad under those beautiful pasture raised eggs is too good not to share.
What I love about this salad is that it easily double for a side with breakfast, or the base for lunch/dinner. It also consists of
warm brussel sprouts and arugula winter salad
- 2 cups shaved brussel sprouts
- 1/2 white onion (diced)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 avocado (diced)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (diced)
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Protein of choice: I highly recommend trying wild caught seared salmon, or pasture raised grilled chicken with this salad for dinner, and pasture raised eggs for breakfast/lunch.
- Finely chop garlic, onion, and brussel sprouts (you can also buy your brussel sprouts pre shaven at Trader Joes)
- Next, in a large skillet over medium heat add coconut oil, garlic, onion, and shaved brussel sprouts.
- Stir consistently until vegetables are evenly coated, and have begun to soften.
- While your vegetables are cooking, place arugula in a large salad bowl, and top with chopped cherry tomatoes, and avocado.
- Once vegetables on the stove have cooked, remove from heat and add vegetables to salad bowl.
- Top with protein of your choice, salt, and pepper, and enjoy!