Vegetarian Lettuce Wraps
Vegetarian lettuce wraps are one of my favorite quick dinner choices to make, because they are super similar, and also can take on a wide variety of flavors. Since the base of this meal is just a lettuce leaf you really need to include something in the wrap that has some protein, fiber, and a healthy fat to it in order to satisfy your hunger.
Personally, I love adding beans like white beans or black beans for a good source of protein + some quinoa, brown rice, sweet potato, avocado, and a whole bunch of vegetables to help make these a satisfying, yet light dinner.
Vegetarian Lettuce Wraps:
Lettuce Wraps Ingredients
- 1 Avocado
- 1/2 Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 1/2 Cup Brown Rice or Quinoa
- 1 Can Black Beans or Chickpeas
- 6 Large Romaine Lettuce Leaves
- Optional: 2 Tb Hummus, 6 oz Tofu, Chives
Avocado Lime Dressing Ingedients
- 1/2 Avocado
- Juice of One Lime
- 2 Tb Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Begin making rice or quinoa on the stove according to your grains directions. For instance for 1/2 cup brown rice OR quinoa you want to boil one cup of water, and then add rinsed rice OR quinoa to water, and lower to simmer for about 20 minutes.
- While your rice is cooking, rinse your Boston Lettuce and lay them flat on a plate.
- Next chop up your asparagus, mushrooms, red onion, and baby tomatoes into small bite size pieces. Combine in medium size bowl. Drain and rinse beans, add to vegetable mixture.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- If adding hummus, spread a thin layer on each leaf.
- Add vegetable mixture onto each leaf + grain.
- Dress with olive oil or with the dressing below.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Lightly dress over stuffed lettuce wraps.