Now I know that cookie dough balls are not anything new in the healthy living world, but for some reason while I always had the intention of making a raw cookie dough ball recipe it wasn't until recently that I actually did so and boy can I tell you that they are DELICIOUS. Also there are NO BEANS in this recipe my friends, which is somewhat different than all the other “healthy cookie dough” recipes out there.
Since I started becoming much more conscious about the amount of refined sugar in my diet I have found that not only do I not crave overly sweet and decadent foods as much, but when I do have them I am usually left wishing I had actually had something a little less sweet. It is amazing how we can retrain our taste buds and bodies to crave healthier versions of our previous indulgences.
However, I am not going to pretend like I don’t like a cookie now and then just as much as the next person, and I honestly would argue that if you deprive yourself for too long of things like decadent baked goods, you are most likely going to lead yourself to overeating on them later on.
Knowing this, I wanted to develop a recipe that I could basically have in my freezer at all times, would be great for a mid-day snack, or could satisfy a night time sweet craving. These raw cookie dough balls ended up being absolutely perfect in meeting both of those needs, and are a satisfying snack/dessert, they are relatively low in sugar, high in protein, and are overall just freaking delicious. Hope you enjoy!
Raw Vegan Cookie Dough Balls Recipe
- 2 Cups Gluten-Free Oat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Almond Butter (the runnier the better)
- 2 TB of Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Bag of Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Honey/Maple Syrup
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Combine almond butter, coconut oil, honey/maple syrup, vanilla extract in a medium sized bowl. Stir together until completely mixed.
- Add gluten-free oat flour and salt to wet mixture.
- Lastly add mini-chocolate chips, sometimes it is easier to use your hands to mix chocolate chips into the mixture.
- Roll mixture into mini round balls, place in freezer and freeze for a least one hour before serving. Store in the freezer.