Overloaded Veggie and Mushroom Broiled Frittata (Dairy Free/Gluten Free)
This frittata is loaded with veggies and is the perfect meal for a lazy end of the week dinner, or if you are feeling super organized, it also is great to make ahead in the beginning of the week and then breakfast is ready to go for a good 3-4 days after!
I love breakfast food for lunch and dinner probably as much if not more than I love breakfast food for actual breakfast. There is something that is just comforting about it that I cant quite place my finger on, but if I had to guess it would be because my Mom also loves breakfast foods for dinner! Whenever my Dad would go out of town on business trips, you can be sure that at least one or two nights us girls were getting to have breakfast for dinner, and it was always on of our favorite nights of the week. It's funny have a small thing like breakfast for dinner, can seem so fun as a kid!
Since I also can be super lazy when it comes to creative meal ideas by the end of the week, more often then not you can find this very frittata making its way into our plan for dinner by Thursday night...that is if we hadn't already made it Sunday/Monday night for breakfast's all week long. This is the joy of meals you can make ahead of time and warm up my friends.
What I love most about this recipe is that it really is the perfectly balanced meal. Loaded with lots of protein from the eggs, healthy fats, and lots of nutrient and antioxidant rich veggies you can feel good knowing that you have already gotten 25g of protein and probably 2-3 servings of veggies in one super simple meal. Personally I also love to have this dish with a side of my roasted sweet potatoes.
So whether you are someone who is looking to some no-thought-required breakfast options for the week, or a simple end of the week meal idea, this frittata is probably exactly what you have been looking for.
overloaded veggie and mushroom broiled frittata
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 orange bell pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 cup mushrooms (chopped)
- 2 cups of spinach
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Whisk eggs in a small bowl and chop all vegetables into bite sized pieces.
- In a medium sized skillet, place coconut oil and veggies on the stove over medium heat and allow to slightly cook for roughly 3 minutes.
- Next turn the oven on to broil.
- Pour your eggs over the slightly cooked vegetables in your skillet, turn off stove-top heat, and place skillet in the oven on broil.
- Allow the frittata to cook in the oven on broil for roughly 20 minutes, or until the egg is fully cooked.
- Remove from oven when fully cooked and lightly sprinkle with sea salt.
- Serve with roasted sweet potatoes or eat on its own!