Oatmeal-Almond Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
This cookies were actually an accident. An absolutely delicious accident, but an accident. Sometimes the most delicious recipes result when you were trying to create something else entirely, which can be kind of frustrating but I like to just roll with it and enjoy the mistake that almost never was.
These cookies are a moist, chewy, dense and absolutely delicious. They are also pretty healthy as far as cookies go and I am very glad that I accidentally created them. Lately I have been playing around with reducing the amount of sugar in my recipes to the point where I feel as though it is absolutely as low as it can possibly go without negatively affecting the recipe.
Today in America (and around the world) we have completely overwhelmed our palettes by the amount of sugar we consume on a daily basis that our taste buds have changed to crave a sweeter taste, a carrot or a sweet potato no longer seem to taste as sweet, as so when it comes to our desserts we need them to be even sweeter as well, and so the cycle continues.
I am actually really fortunate in that I have never been overly drawn to highly sweetened foods, but in a culture where so many people are I have been working hard to try and prove that sweet indulgences don't have to be quite as sugar-laden to still taste delicious.
Oatmeal - Almond Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 Cup Gluten-Free Oat Flour
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 2 Cups Gluten-Free Oatmeal
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 TB Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1/2 Pack Mini-Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Beat together coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and egg. Add combined oat flour, almond flour, baking soda,, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir in oats, shredded coconut, and mini-chocolate chips.
- Spoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.