Caprese Salad's are a staple appetizer in Italian culture and while very simple to put together they are bursting with loads of fresh Italian flavors. While there are tons of different ways to make Caprese Salad's one of my favorite ways of making it is with Grape Tomatoes and the small Ciliegine Fresh Mozzarella Balls (the kind soaking in water). This way lots of people can take a scoop of the appetizer, it is a much easier way of serving a Caprese Salad for a party.
Also for all you people who are lactose intolerant out there. The way fresh mozzarella, or buffalo mozzarella is made actually extracts all of the lactose out of the cheese and is perfectly fine to eat for people with lactose intolerance.
Italian Caprese Salad Appetizer
- Mix your mozzarella and tomatoes in a medium size bowl with your basil leaves.
- Depending on the size of your basil leaves tear them right from the stem or tear them in half. Do not chop or dice.
- Sprinkle a little bit of sea salt over your mixture and pour into a serving dish.
- Add a little more fresh basil leaves on top for garnish.
- Finally drizzle a small amount of olive oil over the salad and Manga! Eat!
- 1 Container of Fresh Ciliegine Mozzarella Balls
- Grape Tomatoes, Olive Oil, Salt, Basil