In honor of #nationalcoffeeday I had to post this RIDICULOUS latte. Really though, can we just take a second to stop and think about why I have never added peanut butter to my latte before? Honestly, this - is - magical. And by magical I am referring to unicorns dancing on clouds of fluffy peanut butter magical. Just in case you didn't have that image in your head...don't you worry friends I've got cha covered.
But really, this latte is like the perfect grown up version of a peanut butter milk shake, but instead of loaded with milk and ice cream, its filled with rich coffee, raw cacao, almond milk, and off course all-natural peanut butter. Believe it or not, this decadent morning beverage is actually a great way to add a little healthy protein and fat to your morning cup-of-joe, without adding a ton of unwanted calories. So basically there is not reason not to make this, especially if you are planning on celebrating #nationalcoffeeday in style.
Speaking of #nationalcoffeeday I thought I would share with you some of the best coffee freebies out there that you should all seek out in order to stay overly caffeinated all day long. Lets be honest, I was totally planning on going to a nice long vinyasa yoga class today, but now that I am on a mission to get 5 free coffees, I think a running speed workout is more in the cards for me.
Best National Coffee Day Freebies
- Dunkin’ Donuts: DD fanatics pay attention! Ya'll are getting a free medium cup of hot or iced dark roast coffee (limit one per person).
- Peet’s Coffee & Tea: My all time FAVORITE place to get amazing coffee + they actually know how to make an iced cappuccino which automatically gives them 5 stars in my book. If you love Peet's, you are going to be getting a free small cup of Peet’s Major Dickason Blend WITH any purchased baked good, oatmeal, or other food item. Just saying Peet's sells Justin's Peanut Butter Cups, and some of my other favorite granola bars.
- Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf: All sizes of iced coffee, flavored iced coffee, and iced Americano's are half off all day. Okay so this isn't free, but half off is still pretty darn good.
- Starbucks: Okay so Starbucks is not going to be giving away free coffee, but they will be planting a tree for every bag of coffee sold. I actually need more of my favorite Guatemalan Coffee so I will probably end up re-stocking tomorrow.
- WaWa: I haven't been to a WaWa since I was living down in the Baltimore Area, but if you frequent WaWa's on the regular, you should make sure to get your FREE cup of coffee.
- Whole Foods: Whole Foods is continuing to sell 12-oz cups of coffee for only 25 cents. I am honestly ashamed that I haven't taken advantage of this yet!
And now that you all have your game plan laid out for how to get at least 5 cups of free coffee tomorrow, here is my Healthy Almond Milk (Peanut Butter) Latte Recipe.
Healthy Almond Milk (Peanut Butter) Latte
Fill up on this dairy-free decadent dessert like latte without overwhelming your body with added sugar. You have been warned that once you add peanut butter to your latte, it may be hard to go back.
- 1 tsp all-natural peanut butter
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup freshly brewed coffee (I personally love guatemalan coffee because it has a rich cocoa undertone)
- 1 tsp raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp honey OR 3 drops liquid stevia for added sweetness (this is optional)
- Brew 1 cup of coffee of your choice. I personally like to use my french press, and roast a rich cocoa-y cup of coffee.
- While your coffee is brewing in a blender, blend peanut butter, 1/2 cup almond milk, cinnamon, cacao powder, and sweetener. Place in a small bowl and microwave for 2 minutes to warm it up.
- In a separate glass liquid measuring cup, microwave the other 1/2 cup almond milk for 2-3 minutes. (This is the almond milk you will be using to top your latte with clouds of almond milk froth).
- Using a milk frother, (or metal whisk) froth 1/2 cup warmed almond milk until it becomes cloud-like and frothy. Usually the milk should double in volume.
- Pour coffee into a cup and add warmed almond milk/peanut butter mixture.
- Using a spoon, top coffee with foamed plain almond milk. Sprinkle with cinnamon for an extra touch (optional).
- Sip and enjoy.