This. Is. Everything
Where do I even begin, this smoothie bowl is perfection. I loved absolutely everything about it, and the fact that it basically was the result of me trying to blindly create a banana free smoothie with what I happened to have in my freezer.
Since my husband hates bananas...I know how is this possible?!? He also hates pickles, and peanut butter!! I know I know I don't understand it either, but yes since he not only hates but despises bananas and can detect the taste of banana no matter how much I try to mask it, I really have been determined to come up with some smoothie recipes that he will actually eat. I am really getting sick of the whole "hey what do you have there it looks great! ewwww I can taste banana" routine so I figured I would bite the bullet and attempt to mimic the creamy deliciousness of a smoothie with banana, minus the banana.
I have to say though that I don't even miss the banana in this smoothie, by combining a mixture of avocado and mango this smoothie ended up being just as thick and creamy, if not more thick and creamy than my usual banana based smoothies. I also love that this smoothie is loaded with greens, pretty low in sugar, and incredibly satisfying.
Can we just look at that color for a second? I cant believe how vibrant this smoothie bowl turned out and it makes my little nutrition heart so happy. I remember when green colored smoothies and juices grossed me out! I just couldn't get around the color, as a super visual person a smoothie to me smoothies should be pink, purple, or a shade of blue, but now green smoothies and juices are by far my favorite. There is just something about being able to say by 9 am that I just ate 2-3 servings of vegetables that makes me feel good about myself. YAY for healthy living, and green smoothies that taste like coconut, or vanilla, or chocolate :)
Green Mango (Banana Free) Smoothie
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 1/2 frozen mango (probably about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 frozen avocado
- 5-10 frozen green grapes (depends how sweet you want your smoothie)
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1 scoop vegan sunwarrior vanilla protein
- 3/4 cup vanilla unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 5 drops liquid stevia
- 6 ice cubes
Optional Topping Ingredients
- 1 tsp raw gluten free oatmeal
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries (or fresh blueberries)
- 1 tsp shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tsp cacoa nibs
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. If you don't have a high powered blender it is best to place your spinach in first with your liquid, blend, and then add the remaining ingredients.
- Taste to see if the sweetness is enough, if not add a few more stevia drops and blend.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and add toppings.
- Sit down and eat with a spoon and enjoy!