Okay it's official, I have caved. It actually is starting to feel like Fall now, and while I have tried desperately to hold onto every ounce of Summer, I just couldn't hold out on the pumpkin front any longer. When I found myself this past weekend pinning every gluten free pumpkin recipe that exists, I knew that it was time to just embrace the change of season, break out my Pumpkin Chai tea, and whip up a delicious batch of pumpkin something.
Personally, I love everything in "bite" form, there is just something about one bite morsels that truly gets me every time. Maybe it's because I am indecisive, and always want to try a million things, I mean tapas were created for a reason right? Think of these donut holes as breakfast tapas if you will, and I dare you to try and eat just one. It's not possible.
So outside of the fact that I love these bite size donut holes because of their overall cuteness, I also truly have been on a mission to make a healthier version of a gluten free donut and am thrilled to have come up with these babies!
If you have ever tried gluten free baking you will know what I mean when I say that gluten free baking can be rough! I cannot even tell you how many recipes I have thrown out because they were either too dry, or just plain strange tasting. But I am thrilled to say that these pumpkin donut holes are neither. They are dense, loaded with pumpkin flavor, stay together perfectly, and are just sweet enough without being overwhelming.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Spice Donut Holes
These bite size donut holes are dense, filled with pumpkin flavor, and the perfect level of sweetness. I love having them with my favorite Fall tea for either a sweet breakfast or for dessert.
- 1 3/4 cup gluten free flour (I use Bob's Red Mill)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1.5 tsp gluten free vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cashew milk
- 3/4 cup 100% pumpkin puree
- 1.5 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
Sugar Coating Ingredients
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and spray mini-muffin tin with coconut oil spray.
- Mix together the gluten free flour, baking powder, salt, and spices in a large bowl. Add the coconut oil, coconut sugar, egg, pumpkin puree, and cashew milk and mix until smooth.
- Using a small spoon, fill mini muffin holes about 3/4 full and bake for 13-15 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the donuts comes out dry.
- Once donuts are baked, remove from oven and allow donuts to cool.
- While the donuts are cooling, mix coconut oil, cinnamon, and sugar together in a bowl which will be used for coating the donuts.
- Once cooled, dip the doughnut holes lightly in the coconut oil, then place in the cinnamon and sugar bowl, and roll in the cinnamon and sugar.
- Place in a separate bowl and repeat for all donut holes.
- Eat and Enjoy! These were also great the next day.