Gluten Free Berry Overnight Oat's
I have a long-time love affair with overnight-oats and it doesn't seem to be fading anytime soon. Now, I am sure that I am not the first person to enlighten you at this point to the magical world that includes overnight oats, however if by some chance this is your first time learning about this incredible breakfast, well get ready to have your oat world rocked, because this little jar is about to make your mornings so much more enjoyable.
If you are anything like me, there just never is enough time in the morning to get everything you have to do done before running out the door, and so for most people (myself included) that means that I am usually not having what I ideally would like to have for breakfast. (ie: beautiful smoothie bowls, are stovetop gluten free oatmeal with plenty of berries and almond butter thrown on top).
Now since oatmeal is one of those foods that tends to fall into the category of: "I would love to make that for breakfast, but I just don't have time", this is where overnight oats comes into play and virtually removes the entire breakfast making process, yet results in an incredibly voluminous morning meal that is sure to leave you feeling satisfied.
The best part of overnight oats is that they require little to no prep, you could literally make these in your sleep (I have once or twice) and yet the next morning you have a ready made, nutritious, breakfast that you can grab in your hand as you walk out the door.
If you google overnight oats, or search them on pinterest you are bound to find hundreds, if not thousands of recipes floating around the oat world, however the below recipe I have found to be my tried and true mix for making perfect, voluminous, overnight oats every time. And they really are voluminous, so make sure not to fill your jar all the way to the top because these babies grow overnight!
Gluten Free Berry Overnight Oats
These oats are voluminous, naturally sweetened, and loaded with healthy fats, protein, fiber, and antioxidants. They also are simple to make and are perfect for the busy morning go-getter.
- 1/2 cup Raw Gluten Free Oats
- 1 cup Cashew Milk
- 2 TB Chia Seeds
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Gluten Free Vanilla Extract
- 3 TB Coconut Flakes (1 TB for topping)
- 1 TB Almond Slivers
- 1/2 cup Sliced Strawberries
- 1/4 cup Walnuts
- Optional: Honey or Maple Syrup or Stevia for added sweetness
- Place oats, chia seeds, cinnamon, vanilla, coconut, and almonds in a small mason jar.
- Pour cashew milk over ingredients until they are fully covered in milk.
- Shake for 30 seconds, cover, and place in refrigerator overnight. If you have the time sometimes I will let them sit for a few hours, and then shake them one more time before bed.
- After letting sit, shake one more time, and place into a separate bowl layering with strawberries.
- Top with walnuts and coconut flakes