Coconut Homemade Granola
Oh boy this granola is addictive! It is low in sugar, filled with delicious whole ingredients and has been being devoured by the jar in our apartment lately. My personal favorite way to enjoy this granola is right out of the jar, or poured over some coconut yogurt. You can be creative and really adapt this recipe in many ways to make it your own by added different nuts, dried fruit, chocolate, etc.
But I love this particular combination which is perfect for my taste buds. If you are looking for a health snack or a new breakfast option you will definitely have to give this one a try and let me know what you think!
coconut homemade granola
- 3 Cups Gluten-Free Oatmeal
- 1 Cup Coconut Flakes (Unsweetened)
- 1/2 Dried Cranberries (Unsweetened)
- 1/2 Cup Raw Almonds
- 3 Tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tb Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Honey or Maple Sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees, and line two baking sheets with parchment paper
- Mix in a large bowl: gluten-free oatmeal, coconut flakes, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt
- In a small bowl mix: coconut-oil, honey (or maple sugar)
- Add, wet-mixture to dry-mixture and use your hands to combine together well.
- Spread mixture out evenly on two baking sheets and bake for 10 minutes. Remove the pans from the oven, shake the mixture, and then return to the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add almonds and cranberries to the oatmeal.
- Let cool completely, and then store in mason jars (or another air tight container)