I wasn't originally planning on writing a post for this smoothie bowl, but I was getting so many questions over on my instagram that I wanted to make sure to provide you all with the exact recipe so you all can enjoy it in all its deliciousness! But first a little about Acai since I don't think that this is necessarily a staple ingredient in most peoples pantries.
Acai is one of my favorite "superfoods" to add to my smoothies/breakfast bowls, mostly because it is loaded with healthy antioxidants and gives my smoothies a delicious berry flavor that I just cant get enough of. I personally buy Acai Powder, but you can also buy dried Acai berries as well, either are great, but for smoothies I prefer the powder. A little Acai powder goes a long way and with 1-2 teaspoons you will find yourself with a beautifully vibrant and flavorful Acai Smoothie Bowl. While the price for Acai Powder can be somewhat expensive I can't stress enough how long it will last! Sometimes stalking your kitchen with "healthy essentials" can seem expensive and daunting, but once you have them trust me when I say it will be a very long time before you have to replace anything.
Acai Vanilla Protein Bowl
- 1/2 - 1 frozen banana (use more for a creamier thicker smoothie)
- 1/4 -1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1-2 tsp acai powder
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 3 ice cubes
- 1 scoop vanilla vegan protein powder (I love the sunwarrior brand, which does not include any added sugar, artificial sweeteners, and has one of the smallest ingredient lists in a protein powder I have ever seen)
- Few drops of liquid stevia to taste (optional: I don't include this but you may want to for added sweetness, you can also use raw organic honey)
- 1 tsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp slivered almonds
- 3 strawberries (sliced length wise)
- 1/4 banana (not frozen)
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth and creamy. If your smoothie is too think try adding a little water. If it is too thin, try adding a few more ice cubes.
- Pour into a bowl and then use a tsp to add toppings in any arrangement you like, or just throw them all on top and enjoy!