I know that the holidays are right around the corner, and you may have already chosen and purchased gifts for your friends and family, but just in case you are anything like me and haven't I wanted to share with you some of my favorite sustainable gifts that I am loving right now.
Boy am I excited to share this gift guide with you all because being socially conscious and environmentally aware in my living/beauty habits is something that I am so passionate about. While you all know by now that I am a firm believer in nourishing our bodies with whole, good for us foods, I also believe that the same holds true for the products we put on our bodies, and have in our homes.
Nowadays there are so many incredible "green" conscious brands out there, and many of them are small businesses that it is kind of a no-brainer to make the switch to a more socially conscious, better for you way of living.
Since making the switch to all-natural, organic beauty/home products can be somewhat intimidating, I curated this incredible list of "green" gifts that would be perfect for anyone in your life trying to lead a more "green" lifestyle. Many of these would make for great stocking stuffers, or little presents for yourself :) I have already purchased many of them to give as little gifts to friends and family, not to mention a few for yours truly over here!
Like my other gift guides, all of the products depicted are linked below with a description on why I love the product, and why it would make for a super special holiday gift.
holiday gift guide for conscious green living and beauty
- Himalayan Salt Lamp: If there is someone in your life who struggles with allergies, seems addicted to commercial air deodorizers, or has issues sleeping at night, a 100% natural Himalayan Salt Lamp would be an excellent choice for a natural alternative solution to all of the above! - $34
- RMS X Follain: The Eye Edition: Follain is a lovely store located right in my neighborhood in Boston that focuses on carrying all natural, organic skincare and beauty brands, with an emphasis on local products whenever possible. When I switched to all natural makeup RMS was the first brand I tried and I have loved it ever since! This eye edition kit would be a perfect way to introduce all natural makeup to your eco-friendly loved one! - $60
CLN and DRTY Luxury Anti Aging Facial Oil: Since I threw out all of my non-organic/natural skin care products CLN and DRTY has quickly become a cult favorite of mine. By this point many of you have probably heard that using oil to moisturize our skin is the way to go, and this luxury anti-aging facial oil is pure magic! The fact that it has been formulated for a variety of skin types (even tough combination skin) is incredible and makes it a super versatile gift! The owner/founder of the brand is this beautiful mama with two adorable babies who started CLN and DRTY when she realized that she didn't trust the sunscreen she was using for her childcare, and wanted a safe alternative to all the chemically ridden products marketed to both adults and kids! Needless to say she is quickly taking the natural skincare industry by storm! - $22
- Herbivore Botanicals Pink Clay Beauty Set - While we are on the topic of all natural skincare, this is another small business that I love. The husband and wife duo started the brand in their Seattle kitchen, and their attention to detail, and the use of quality ingredients definitely shows. Right now I am most excited about this beauty set, which would make a perfect gift for a special someone!
- Chi Candles - I absolutely love this eco-friendly soy based candle brand from Etsy. #1 supporting small businesses on etsy just makes me feel good. #2 they smell AMAZING! #3 they are good for our health, the air we breathe, the environment because they are loaded with toxic fillers and instead are made with eco-friendly soy wax and essential oils. - $16
- MarbleMist Glass Diffuser: Diffusing essential oils is an incredible way to help calm anxiety, and naturally deodorize a space without any harmful chemicals. This diffuser is absolutely beautiful and rather than looking like a diffuser, it looks more like decorative piece of blown glass making it perfect for any home. - $25
- CLN and DRTY Natural Deodorant: Okay so lets get real for a second shall we. When it comes to all natural deodorants for the most part they all stink...no pun intended. They don't work, they are sticky, you have to use your hands, etc. I can't even tell you how many brands I have tried over the years until FINALLY I found CLN and DRTY. The deodorant is amazing, it blows my old deodorant out of the water, works incredibly, and smells absolutely wonderful! If I could bath in it I would. - $12
- Oxo Glassware Storage Container Set - Okay I know what you may be thinking..glass tupperware for a Christmas present? Guys have you seen how expensive these can be! And if you have an eco-friendly cook in your lives trust me she/he will love getting this gift! I straight up want like 5 sets and it would be the best present ever. Since storing in glass containers is really the only way to go in my opinion, they are worth the investment, and not to mention they look beautiful filled with all your delicious meals. - $30
- Threads for Thought Clothing - Personally I am obsessed with almost anything that this brand comes out with but I particularly love their workout leggings! Threads for Thought promotes the responsible and sustainable production of fashion forward clothing, and was started in 2007 by a college student who thought the world needed more sustainable clothing choices. Girl after my own heart! - Most items are between $25-75
- Organic Stamped Dot Duvet/Pillow Set - Do you know that the cotton industry uses more pesticides than almost any other crop! When I learned this I knew that not only did I need to focus on purchasing organic cotton clothing, but also focus on switching out my bedding to more eco-friendly versions. This pretty duvet set from West Elm uses organic cotton, and would be perfect for someone looking to redo their bedroom, or for a wedding gift! - $29-129
- Organic Cotton Cable Knit Throw Blanket - Along the same lines as the organic cotton bedding, these organic throw blankets are beautiful and produced without harmful chemicals. They would make a great holiday gift for someone looking to transition to more organic home textiles, not to mention they look absolutely beautiful! - $65
- Aurora Recycled Glassware Bowls (Set of Six) - These glass bowls are stunning and made from 100% recycled glass. We registered for a few recycled glass items for our wedding and they have quickly become some of my favorite pieces! These would be perfect for someone getting married, or as a hostess/host housewarming gift! - $28
Note: I am in no way affiliated with any of these products/brands. These are items I use daily, and are brands that I believe in, and I know are working hard to make our world a little more eco-friendly, and safe for consumers! Happy Holidays! Check back soon for a delicious gluten free lemon and blueberry cookie recipe I have heading your way!
If anyone really loves the holiday season it's us ladies. Party planning, lots of good food, creativity, and of course gifts makes for such a fun and festive month. And while every special lady in your life is different, I am sure that some of the items I have picked below will please almost every girl you know in one way or another.
Since I am going to be doing another gift guide that focuses more on the homebody or natural beauty lover in your life, these items have been curated to meet that needs of your best friend, sister, mom, wife, girlfriend, etc. without having a specific theme to them all other than all the gifts are beautiful, and for the most part pretty affordable.
holiday gift guide for the ladies
- White Marble 9oz S'well Bottle - I am obsessed with these bottles and gave one of these mini sizes to all of my bridesmaids on the day of our wedding. It is the perfect size to throw in your purse, or fill with iced/hot coffee, not to mention this marble print is amazing - $24
- Pave Earring Set - This set of three pairs of stud pave earrings is beautiful and really affordable for the quality. It also is neutral enough to fit into almost any style - $48
- J.Crew Excursion Quilted Down Vest - This vest comes in a ton of colors and is currently discounted. Perfect for some who likes to get outdoors in the winter in style - $98
- One In A Million Initial Pendant Necklace - On my wedding day my bestie gave me this necklace just because and I honestly cherish it. It is so so simple, but absolutely beautiful and would make any minimalist jewelry lover very happy - $58
- Kate Spade Rainer Lane Stacy - This walnut can double as a clutch or walnut, and its bright cobalt blue color makes a perfect holiday gift for someone who isn't afraid of a little color - $98 (15% off sale)
- In The Company Of Women - Never underestimate the power of a good book, and this one is sure not to disappoint. The book was written to celebrate the creative entrepreneurial spirit of women from across the globe and is incredible inspiring - $35
- Vintage Short Sleeve Pajama Set - These pajamas are absolutely adorable, and I don't know about you but in my house it is tradition for us to open a new pair of pajamas on Christmas Eve to wear that night and Christmas Morning. I love the ribbing on these and know that they would make for a great gift - $85 (currently 30% off)
- The Horse Polished Rose Gold and Blush Leather Watch - I have been following this Australian watch company for years now and obsessed with everything they design. While this watch is my most expensive recommendation, if you know of a girl looking for a sleek watch, and can spend the money this piece of jewelry will not disappoint - $149
- Limited Edition Voluspa Cut Glass Jar Candle - These candles smell absolutely devine and are beautiful to look at. Perfect for a secret santa grab gift, or someone who is in need of a little calm and serenity around the holidays - $26
- Madewell Scottsdale Plaid Scarf - In my opinion every girl needs a good red plaid blanket scarf once the holidays hit. I have been having my eye out for this beauty for a while, and love that it is 100% wool and currently on sale! - $44.50
- The Curated Closet - This book is perfect for your friend who is both fashionable, organized, and practical. Its goal is to help a person discover their own personal style, while objectively taking practicality into account - $25
- Agate Bottle Opener - This is the perfect little gift for someone who loves their bar cart and the pretty things that go in it, also the price is great for a little something thoughtful, without being very expensive - $16
Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas everyone! Check back here tomorrow for a delicious and festive spirulina smoothie bowl recipe and my holiday gift guide for the hostess.
Note: I haven't partnered with any of these brands, I just truly love all these gifts and think they would make any lucky lady very happy.
I've got to admit that I am LOVING that Christmas season is officially here. It truly is my most favorite time of year for about a million reasons, but mainly because it is a time of year that I find myself being more reflective, and thankful for all the incredibly people and blessings I have in my life. It also is a great reason to bake every single day, listen to Christmas music on repeat, decorate my apartment in about 1 million twinkle lights, and of course choose some thoughtful gifts for my friends and family. I have always been the kind of person who gets really excited to give gifts, be them homemade or bought, which brings me to my first holiday gift guide which I hope will help you come up with some great ideas to make the foodie in your life smile.
With Cyber Monday happening today I figured I may as well jump right in with the start of my holiday gift guides for some of your favorite loved ones. You can look forward to future gift guides throughout the month that include gifts for your man, the "all-natural everything" gal, fitness guru, under $25, and the perfect hostess. I honestly love doing these gift guides because I find them sooo helpful when I am choosing my own Christmas gifts. Sometimes you just need a little outside inspiration to come up with the perfect present for that special someone.
Holiday Gift Guide: For Your Favorite Foodie
- Bodum Chambord 8 Cup French Press Coffee Maker: I have enough appliances taking up space on my counter top that I just never ever have wanted to purchase a coffee maker. Recently though, I was gifted a french press which honestly has become one of my favorite tools in my kitchen. It is so simple to use and makes an incredible cup of coffee. For the foodie/coffee lover in your life, a french press will always be an excellent gift idea.
- The Oh She Glows Cookbook: If you haven't heard of Angela from Oh She Glows, you probably should prepare yourself to be sucked into her world of delicious vegan goodness. I bought her cookbook immediately when it came out, and have loved making all of her delicious recipes. For the foodie that is even remotely interested in plant based cooking/baking, this cookbook is a must.
- Anthropologie Russet Measuring Cups: O Anthropologie, how I love you so. I honestly think that anything from their kitchen section would fit for the foodie obsessed loved one, but these copper measuring cups are AMAZING and a really high end yet affordable gift option.
- Paderno Spiral Vegetable Slicer: I cant begin to explain how necessary a spiralizer is for anyone who wants to up their salad making, veggie chopping, cooking, vegetable roasting, etc game. If the foodie in your life doesn't have a spiralizer yet trust me that I am 99.99% positive that they want one.
- Davids Tea: Deck the Halls Gift Set: I love Davids Tea's Holiday Tea sets. First of all they have the most adorable packaging which gets me every time, and their tea combinations around the holidays are always perfect for cold winter nights. I have yet to give this gift to someone and have them not rave about it the next time I see them.
- Wooden Ipad and Recipe Stand: I absolutely love this idea, and think that this is one of the cutest gifts you could possibly give someone who loves to spend time cooking away in the kitchen. In today's day and age when so many of us are looking up recipes digitally, I love having a stand that can help keep my electronics clean while cooking, but still look nice in my kitchen.
Hope you found this gift guide helpful! Get ready for some delicious recipes coming your way later this week!
Question: What Are Some of Your Foodie Favorites? Leave a Comment Below.